For any home, rugs are one of the more elegant decorations to be had. However, your rugs will eventually become stained and dirty over time no matter what kind of fabric they are woven from. The only way that your rugs can remain “dirt” free is for you to wrap them up in plastic, and we all know how impractical of an idea that would be. Your rugs can become dirty or stained for a variety of reasons such as liquid spills, food stains, debris, dirt, dust, and mud stains. All of these will make your rug look very unkempt and unattractive, so what should you do in this case?
While some stains will prove to be a bit stubborn to remove, there are others that can be taken out quite easily. Here are a few helpful rug cleaning tips that can help you out.
1. Whenever you start to notice any stains on your rugs, the first thing you need to do is to get your vacuum cleaner, ASAP! A vacuum cleaner’s brush is actually quite effective in helping remove the stains from your carpet. If dust particles and debris are the reason for your rug’s stains, then you will not have to do anything else except using your good, old vacuum cleaner to get them off your rug. If the stains do not get removed after your very first attempt, then try repeating the process again and again. However, if the stain still won’t go away, then it will be time for you to proceed to our next step.
2. The fringes on your rugs are not meant to be cleaned with your vacuum cleaner. You can use a knife or your own fingers to do that. External fabrics such as fringes can cause damage to your vacuum cleaner if they get stuck in the machine. So if you see any stains get left behind, make sure to remove them by using your fingers.
3. The next rug cleaning tip that we have for you is using shampoo. However, you should remember that detergents and shampoo are made with chemicals that might be harmful to synthetic rugs. But for other kinds of rugs, using shampoo is perfectly fine. To use it, simply spread the shampoo on the part of your rug that has a stain on it. Keep rubbing the stained area until the shampoo creates enough foam.
4. After you are done with the shampoo, it will then be time for you to wash out the wet area of your rug and have it dry out. Keep in mind to not let the whole drying process take more than twelve hours because if it does, then there is a good chance that your rug will become faded.
5. Last, but not least, remember to wash your rug as soon as you notice any stains on it. This will help preserve its originality because waiting for a while before you wash it
might make the stain a permanent fixture on your beloved rug.
6. If you cant get the stains out yourself because your pet had an accident, then don’t be scared to hire a professional to do the job. For the state of North Carolina there is an excellent company that provides area rug cleaning in Cornelius. As always make sure to check the companies credentials and make sure they are reputable.
If you follow these tips we are confident that you can get your rugs looking their best.